Sunday, August 3, 2008

Multiple Malfunctions

Throughout the past few weeks we have been hit by a whirlwind of mishaps. One after the other we have been bombarded with electronic and mechanical difficulties!

To start the chain of events one of my even tempered sons (who will remain nameless) got frustrated during a computer game on phonics and decided that the best way for the computer to work was to punch the keyboard with his fist. Therefore our laptop is no longer functional; malfunction #1.

The second event happened when I jumped into a pool not realizing that my cel phone was still in my pocket which killed my battery; malfunction #2.

The third, and probably most traumatic is that our air conditioners decided to go on the fritz!! No big deal, it's only about 120 degrees outside!! Thinking we would have to replace the old air conditioner that cools the upstairs was acceptable, but then we found out that due to a manufacturers defect the downstairs air conditioner which is only a couple of years old needs a new compressor! When it rains it pours!!!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. We now have a brand new computer which is 20 times faster than the old one, and I have a brand new phone with a Nevada phone number (e-mail me if you want the number)!! Our air conditioner is being fixed and TJ's gracious and giving parents are letting us stay with them until the air is working again!! So, amid all the turmoil there is a silver lining!!!

9 comments:

Jessica B Photography said...

Yuck!! Have you cried yet? That is all so awful!!

My husband sent me this link because I've gotten my phone wet twice. The second time, luckily, it was not so bad and did not necessitate buying a new one.

www.golden-shelback.com

M and M Madsen said...

ohhh my goodness. matt would be in the worst mood ever after all of that- and i would just cry! i hope you and tj are holding up ok. sounds like you are looking at the positive side which is awesome!

K said...

Whew! At least you know that trials typically indicate upcoming blessings, you guys must be in for a BIG ONE!!!

Cassondra said...

I admire your great attitude, Christine! Good for you! I hate when I have weeks like that. Hope you've got cool air at home again SOON!
Cassondra

Anonymous said...

Hi; Sorry to hear about your malfunctions, but at least you got a new computer, and cellphone out of it allGrandpa S

Tiffany said...

Oh man! No AC is the WORST EVER! Our power was out for a few hours last night and I couldn't even handle it that long! How did the pioneers do it? Not live in S. Nevada, I suppose!

Esther said...

Oh No! no air conditioning in NV in August. Glad you are staying at Tj's parents. Love the bowling pictures...Jason always likes to see pictures of the boys--he says that it's like a window into the past--seeing TJ and Kevin at that age:)

The Calvert Family said...

That's such a bummer, I need your new number. Also Ethnie has been begging to go to Marshalls house, but mybe we will have your boys over here instead. Give us a call.

summer c said...

I agree that at least you got some new things out of it! Bummer about the air conditioning but I'm so glad it got worked out. What'd you do on saturday when the boys were golfing? did birttney come with kevin too?