Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Fabulous Bunk Beds

 
 

These beauties were hand-made by Grandpa Jensen and TJ. They worked so hard on these and finished them in an astonishing 3 weeks!! Unbeleivable!! There are shelves on one side and a desk on the other side. The boys absolutely LOVE them, and so do I!! Marshall wanted the bottom bunk, so Kason happily took the top. Now we are starting the transition of Brigham sleeping in Kason's old race car bed, so we can put the crib in the baby girl's room. The first try couldn't have gone more perfectly. Since then he hasn't been as interested, so it will take a little more time. We've got 2 months now!!! Anyways, thank-you amazingly talented Jensen men we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these bunk beds!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

wow wow wow. those are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i remember the one i had that my dad made, and i loved it so much!
gooooooooood work guys

The Richardson squadron said...

Wow! What a beautiful bed. I remember when Dad made beds for all of us. I had a built in loft bed that was the talk of all my friends!

Esther said...

Wow good job TJ and Grandpa Jensen! Only two more months to go!

Jessica B Photography said...

We attempted to put something similar in our house and it was so mammoth and the room was so tiny that it didn't last long. You are lucky you've got so much room in your house. Every time I drive on Dianne Street, I see that house for sale that is the same floor plan as yours and they've been remodeling it for a while now, I think "Ohhhhhh, I want to buy that house..."

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

I saw some like these at Pottery Barn Kids! You are so lucky to have a handy husband!

K said...

Unbelievable! You can't buy craftesmanship like that anymore, those are some beauties! How exciting for the brothers. Way to go Dad & T!

Cassondra said...

Holy Cow! Those are amazing! How spoiled are you?!?

How are you feeling Christine? Do you have a name picked out?

Hilary said...

Wow! I'm jealous!! Great job, guys!!!

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

Nice Beds...good work Grandpa.

LM said...

Awesome! Your bunk beds turned out so great! You will be able to use those until the boys are leaving for their missions. I can't believe it only took 3 weeks time. That must have been a record. Good luck with Briggy. When I had Noah, Sophia was only 18months old. I put her in a bed and then sat in a chair by her door and everytime she would climb out I would put her right back in. It took a little while, but I REALLY, REALLY wanted her to sleep in a bed before that new baby came!