Friday, May 2, 2008

I'M SO BIG!!

Marshall's most prized possession since he was a baby is his dee dee, a blanket which has been his comfort and best friend. Today the unthinkable happened. Out of the blue Marshall said "Mommy I am going to give my dee dee to Briggy because I'm so big now, I don't need my dee dee anymore!! ", and he handed it to him. I couldn't believe it! He put it in Briggy's crib and has not asked for it since. TJ and I are so proud of him. We truly did not think this day would EVER come!! This is kind of funny because I was racking my brain for a good way to faze out the dee dee. I still remember my tattered blankey which I had until I was 5 when it suddenly disappeared (I wonder where he gets it from). Anyways, the "I'm so big" attitude continued throughout the day. He said "I'm too big to sit at the little table, I want to sit at the big table with you mommy and daddy." He also spent any moment he was in front of a mirror and would stand on his tippy toes and say "I'm growing every day! Look how big I am! I am bigger than Kason and Briggy! Such a funny guy!

6 comments:

Dad said...

Wow Marshall, this is really special. Grandma & Grandpa are sure proud of you. What a wonderful big brother. We love you!

M and M Madsen said...

awesome! how great that he did it on his own!!

summer c said...

When we were watching the boys the other night jon saw "dee dee" and said "is that the blanket my mom made him?" and I laughed b/c I swear I have told him about it a million times! Thats awesome though! My kids don't really make attachments to things. I don't know why...I have tried but they just don't want it.
I didn't even call but just assumed that there wasn't preschool on thursday. Are you guys feeling better? I need to call you tomorrow and see how you are!

The Calvert Family said...

That is SO cute. He is such a good boy.

Tiffany said...

I still have my blankie...ha ha! What a loser I am...

Esther said...

This is so sweet. What a great big brother!