Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yellowstone Trip: The Wildlife

Oh what wildlife we did see! An elk crossed the street right before our car crossed the road. Amazing!!

A grizzly bear and a black bear from a distance, ofcourse!!
More elk..
And this buffalo looked right at all three boys and they LOVED it. I was nervous when I took this picture because I could have touched this buffalo with a stick from the window of my car. It was awesome and scary at the same time!!
We even saw a momma buffalo milking her calf...

And there were plenty of herds of buffalo!
When we got to Jackson Hole, we found our friend the moose!

We started the trip with a wish list of wildlife we wanted to see. And we saw everything except a wolf that was on our wish list!! I'd say we did pretty good! It was better than a zoo because you never knew what you would come across. We got so excited whenever we spotted an animal!!

No comments: